The Call

Back in November of 2009 I had a series of synchronistic events happen that I recorded in my blog over at the Broken Bokken .... http://broken-bokken.blogspot.com/ See 'Shamans At Work'

These events led me to the world of Shamanism. To be frank with you, I had no interest in the subject until these events...and since then have been called into this interesting world.

I really don't consider myself a Shaman, but many of the hypnotic practices I have engaged in since the age of 16 are very similar to shamanic practices. So...in upcoming posts I will begin sharing my journeys as I conduct a series of past-life regressions...and maybe some future life progressions.

As Muso Soseki wrote, "for a person of Zen no limits exist."

Please join me as I explore the parameters of consensus and non-consensus reality. Please comment...and let the playful journey begin.

Many Blessings,
Shinzen

Friday, April 30, 2010

Mountain Hermit

Seeing myself coming down from a mountain in Japan carrying a bundle of herbs. I was dressed like a Taoist Sage, Chinese hair in bun, smiling. Sun shining as I walked through a field of grass and flowers. The funny thing for me was that I was not in China, but Japan.

I then realized that I had fled from China and went to live in the mountains of Japan. Not sure where or when.  All I can remember seeing is that I came to a small village where I was greeted warmly. I was helping tend the animals and children with herbs and words.

The last image that came to me was my Taoist self staring at me watching. It was like my past life knew I was there watching. He stared at me, Shinzen, smiled and faded away. It felt very peaceful.

Hands palm to palm,
Shinzen

5 comments:

  1. This might explain your interest in Karate and Zen Stuff. Also your spiritual wisdom that seems to flourish even when you were young.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rizal: makes sense to me that way too. also, I felt as if I didn't arrive in Japan because I wanted to. I had the feeling as if I had to escape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you can relate to a daily cup of tao post (not due to be posted for several months)

    Called: At death I said..

    I had a dream, in the dream, I was not free,

    I had a dream, but that dream, was not me.

    Now I come to see, the whole of reality,

    Now I can see this is all that can be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ta Wan...My first reaction: Beautiful...peaceful. Thanks.

    I can see the dream of life...and how easy now it is to travel from dream state to dream state...like a cloud forming, changing shapes and dissolving...never really here yet always present.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here is another post due even later this year...


    Wake, sleep, dream, dead.

    You exist behind all of these states.

    In your dream you trust the dream as all there is, so too in life.

    In sleep and in death you have no such ideas.

    Behind all of these states is the same root.

    Your true self.

    ReplyDelete