The Call

Back in November of 2009 I had a series of synchronistic events happen that I recorded in my blog over at the Broken Bokken .... http://broken-bokken.blogspot.com/ See 'Shamans At Work'

These events led me to the world of Shamanism. To be frank with you, I had no interest in the subject until these events...and since then have been called into this interesting world.

I really don't consider myself a Shaman, but many of the hypnotic practices I have engaged in since the age of 16 are very similar to shamanic practices. So...in upcoming posts I will begin sharing my journeys as I conduct a series of past-life regressions...and maybe some future life progressions.

As Muso Soseki wrote, "for a person of Zen no limits exist."

Please join me as I explore the parameters of consensus and non-consensus reality. Please comment...and let the playful journey begin.

Many Blessings,
Shinzen

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Too Weird

Last evening I had a bit of insomnia so I decided to use the time for a regression. My quest was to find the life where my 'worry-wart' self began. Most of this life I face anxiety and a stream of worry...thus my Dharma name of Shinzen, Trust Zen. Nonin knew me very well.

Well, as I took my time machine into the past I found myself in ancient Egypt. I was a scribe/accountant type. I could see Pyramids and I was living in a village at its base. To my surprise, it was very colorful and tropical...not so much like a desert. My job was to manage the money for the laborers' tombs. The age of Ptolemy went through my brain...and my conscious mind began to struggle with it a bit. No death scene that I can remember...but there was brutality if you screwed up the money! I was beaten a lot.

Well, when I got to work this morning and went to my Yahoo home page, headline news...'Archaeologists find in Egypt tomb of Ptolemaic King'.  I was blown away. So I had to research Ptolemy...he was a Greek guy who presided over Egypt. The year was around 332 B.C. 

I will meditate upon this life a bit more and see what pops up.  There is more though...after this I went into a dream state and had a very lucid dream I will share in another post...different time and culture.

Gotta get to work...Hands palm to palm,
Shinzen

2 comments:

  1. Interesting one!

    How do you draw the distinctions between this one who has lived many lives and the timeless self? My view would be that your mind has woven through numerous rebirths (that you are fortunate to be able to recall) while your true self remained unchanged and the witness to an infinite lives.

    What is your view and the shaman view?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sort of in tune with you Ta Wan. I believe my timeless self can weave back and forth through many lives...many of which I called 'me'.

    I also believe we can visit more than one life in the same time period...the timeless, infinite self can know many lives.

    Shamans will vary on viewpoints as much as Buddhist will vary on sutra intreprations or Christians on the bible.

    I just report my (a term used loosely) experiences as they are presented. Thanks for your comments as they are always appreciated and help me sort this stuff out.

    ReplyDelete