The Call

Back in November of 2009 I had a series of synchronistic events happen that I recorded in my blog over at the Broken Bokken .... http://broken-bokken.blogspot.com/ See 'Shamans At Work'

These events led me to the world of Shamanism. To be frank with you, I had no interest in the subject until these events...and since then have been called into this interesting world.

I really don't consider myself a Shaman, but many of the hypnotic practices I have engaged in since the age of 16 are very similar to shamanic practices. So...in upcoming posts I will begin sharing my journeys as I conduct a series of past-life regressions...and maybe some future life progressions.

As Muso Soseki wrote, "for a person of Zen no limits exist."

Please join me as I explore the parameters of consensus and non-consensus reality. Please comment...and let the playful journey begin.

Many Blessings,
Shinzen

Sunday, April 25, 2010

My Self-Hypnotic Technique

Rizal had asked if I share my hypnotic technique for a doing a past-life regression. I do this technique for most changes I wish to make. It is simple and actually fairly common in the hypnotic world.

Now, I have been doing this since the age of 16 and it does require practice and some faith.  While in the regression it is important to trust the first impulses, ideas, images, impressions that you receive. When you start questioning you are engaging too much of the conscious mind.

Here's the technique that I practice:

Put on some quiet music...instrumental, new age and lately I have been using drumming shamanic music.
Then get in a comfortable position, sitting more upright than lying down. Lying down will just put you to sleep.
I take three deep breaths and after each exhale let out a great sigh of relief, allowing my body to relax deeper with each breath.
I then tell myself I am the greatest self-hypnotic practitioner in the world and am extremely susceptible to recalling past lives (or healing pain, or staying lean, or whatever).
Then I ask a question or put in a request. For instance: "I would like to explore a past life that will help me understand my anxiety. I will remember all that happens and when I return in 15 minutes will feel refreshed and alert."
I then call upon a guardian...can be animal or human or angelic to protect me through my journey.
Then I just 'let go' and listen to the music.


Now, if you are new to hypnosis you might want to find a past life hypnotic script and either record it for yourself or have someone you trust record it. This can be very helpufl.

After I return from my journey I also will keep a journal, especially of 'stuff' that pops up during the day or in dreams at night. After poking around in the subconscious, sometimes images and impressions will continue to rise and enter your consciousness. Trust it and write it down, even if it feels you are 'making it up'.

Try it for yourself..and happy traveling.

Many blessings,
Shinzen

5 comments:

  1. Perfect timing.

    Just when I need to dig back. There seems to be an unresolved past conflict I need to reengage now. This technique would be very helpful. Thanks a lot, Shinzen, I'll do this soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rizal: Your comment didn't post. Might be having an issue with comments as TaWan's didn't post last time either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh...it showed up after I commented! Let me know how things turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe it is useful to point out to people, especially the doubters and those with negative lives, how everyone uses self-hypnosis -

    Many people will tell themselves how dumb, fat, weak, unable they are, so often that they hypnotize themselves into that continuing reality.

    I don't hypnotize myself directly or use these methods to tell myself I am strong/able or so on, but I do meditate into the void frequently and this has powerful positive effects all the same.

    People who doubt these things should take note how they already self meditate/hypnotize negatives into their lives and take a little time to work things back their way.

    It is very useful and effective even in brief few-second stabs to draw to the root, to get to know your inner and shape your outer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks again...you just did a great job in demystifying hypnosis. I will take your advice.

    ReplyDelete